AGM Minutes November 11th 2017. 14:00 Wroxton Suite.
1. Feedback from coordinators meeting for 2017 season. Inc New marketing PR employee at MGCC – Jeff Ruggles starting soon. Allocation of trophies with respect to class numbers – MG Cup will try to cover the award costs where numbers per class do not meet the minimum. Entry fee costs – not known, concerns over increases voiced. Reports requested to R.Gammons for ‘Safety Fast’. – when not racing volunteers could help feed MGCC with short reports or comments for Rons column. Promotion recognised as needed – MGCC seem more positive for 2018.
2. Provisional 2018 Race dates as at 23rd Nov 2017. DO NOT BOOK SUMMER HOLIDAYS YET! Silverstone National April 7th ; Brands Indy 28th/29th April; Silverstone GP – 2nd/3rd June; Donington 14th/15th July; Oulton Park 1st September ; Snetterton 200 29th /30th Sept – MG Cup reviewing this one.
3. Financial status of MG Cup account – Clive Jones year end: £5k, OK. Sponsorship required to remain financially viable. Plans for co-sponsorship will bridge the gap. 4. MGCC championship rebate to MG Cup for 2018 based on 2017 performance.~ £1350 a help. 5. MG Cup 2018 incentive scheme with MGCC U25 incentive scheme approved:
From MGCC: Any driver under 25 on the day of racing gets 50% off MGCC fee. From MG Cup: Any Driver: 1st three events – 4 from draw get 50% refund week after 4th event. From MG Cup: Any Driver: 1st five events – 4 from draw get 50% refund week after 6th event. MG Cup Requirement: Driver must start the first race of the weekend!
New flyer to be complete early Dec 2017 which will be used to keep our name publicised.
6. Co-sponsorship available at events – Brands Hatch, Donington now agreed. Oulton Pending. Please advise Nick Arden if you can help sell co-sponsorship for the other race events.
7. Website status and intentions – Upgrade costs ~£60pa approved. Peter Burchill to lead. 8. Facebook status and intentions. – Updates by Peter Burchill with K.Hewer & H.Brian.
9. Election of officials made:
Official Coordinator: Claire Arden. Race day coordinator: Nick Arden / Chris Whitewick / Tom Diment Treasurer: James Darby Chairman: Hannah Brian Championship secretary: Nick Arden. Registration secretary: Kevin Hewer
Class A rep: James Darby; Class B rep: Darren Harris; Class C rep: Kevin Hewer
Media secretary: Peter Burchill. Eligibility scrutineer : Dallas Smith ? New one sought as at 23rd Nov. Stewards: Dan Neaves, Rob Wheldon & Clive Jones.
10. Technical regs: Focus for 2018: rewrite for clarity and conformance to regulations. No upgrade intention. Some vehicle revisions, vehicle types included and deleted. MG3 likely. Small technical changes when incorporating ZR trophy regs such as fire extinguishers, tow hooks and steering wheels. – Regs to be submitted to MSA on 29th November with permit request.